How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Lord of the Rings

Pinned Image
                                                 pinterest
For those of you who are Lord of the Rings fans, I hope you’ve had the incomparable pleasure of seeing the extended versions of the movie trilogy. My parents and I watched them over the course of eight nights last week and Monday of this week - this was the second time I’ve seen the extended versions and the umpteenth time I’ve seen the movies as a whole - and I can think of no other film I can watch so often and not get tired of. It never ceases to move me - and inspire me. After a dry period of writing, I am once again convicted of the power of story and my earnest desire to be the best storyteller that I can be.

But its influence over me goes beyond aspects of storytelling. It shows me the comprehensive picture of life in the real world - the epic struggle between good and evil and how vital it is to make a stand for the good - for the Lord. That inspires the way I live my life.

I am thoroughly inflamed now for The Hobbit. December 14th! (I’ll see it a bit later than that.) I am “quite ready for another adventure.” I hope it fulfills our expectations!

Some of you may not like The Lord of the Rings or even fantasy, but it sure speaks powerfully to me!  (And, to tell you the truth, it’s not so much the fantasy element as the quest against all odds that draws me.) What books and/or movies never cease to inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment