Happy December, everyone! I don’t know about you, but this month always makes me nostalgic yet anxious and excited. My years are usually filled with highlights to remember fondly. Even the sting of unhappy things has dulled, and I’m left with a deeper knowledge of God’s unfailing strength and presence. The next year always holds new and invigorating possibilities, though I still feel a sober sense of caution about the state of the world and what new challenges we’ll face. Yet most of all, I’m grateful to have the assurance of the Lord’s faithfulness at every turn!
I’d like to share my highlights of 2016:
- My nephew’s birth in February. The birth of a healthy baby into your family is one of the most joyous gifts God gives.
- A dear friend’s wedding in May. I was blessed and honored to be in her bridal party. It was such a touching and fun occasion.
- Meeting three fantastic long-distance friends in person for the first time this summer. We had such sweet times together.
- Camp Yeshua in July. Even though it’s wonderful every year (I’ve been going since 2006), this time was especially so because I led a tribe (small group) with my dear friend.
- Volunteering at a music day camp in August. I love working with kids.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada, in September. Not only was this trip a dream come true, it was made even better with three incredible friends.
- Visiting my 98-year-old grandmother and other relatives in September.
- The Feast of Tabernacles in October. Amazing, godly people, powerful worship, many spiritual life lessons, and great fun with the children’s program.
- Taking introductory sword-fighting lessons in October and November. It was fun and stimulating.
- Getting my proofreading/copyediting business underway.
- Completing my novel Suit and Suitability. Next year looks on point for publication. I’ve had so many joys and frustrations with this thing . . . but that will be a story for other posts!
Thank you to all my family and friends who made 2016 one of the best years yet! I thank God for you!
So! What were your 2016 highlights? Was your year steady, or full of changes and surprises? Was it difficult or happy?