How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Twenty Favorite Books



While we’re on the subject of favorite books, I got the idea from a friend to make a Goodreads shelf of my twenty favorite books. I would find even ten limiting, let alone three or one, but twenty seemed doable. Even now I wish I could make it twenty-one! But here they are, in no specific order:
1. Sense and Sensibility
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Persuasion
4. Mansfield Park
5. Northanger Abbey
6. Emma
7. Wives and Daughters
8. North and South
9. Anne of Green Gables (series)
10. Jane Eyre
11. Little Women
12. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
13. Christy (Catherine Marshall)
14. The Chronicles of Narnia
15. The Zion Chronicles (Bodie and Brock Thoene)
16. Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc (Mark Twain)
17. The Pilgrim’s Progress
18. The Wanderer (Fanny Burney)
19. The Count of Monte Cristo
20. Little House on the Prairie (series)
I think you may be familiar with most, if not all, of these. The most recently written books are The Zion Chronicles, written in the 1980s. They’re about the re-establishment of the State of Israel, an epic topic, to be sure! I believe their authors, the Thoenes, are the only authors on my list still alive and writing. I’m just one of those people who adores older books! If they weren’t around I’d then find some contemporary authors to be my favorites. There are plenty of talented ones!
Hopefully this was interesting enough to be worthwhile! Today’s kind of a crazy day around here, so I didn’t have time for much else. A lot is going on, and I have quite a few ideas for blog posts, but time is not cooperating!

No comments:

Post a Comment