How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

First Anniversary

Obscured by the book- and sukkah-shaped shadows of Family Reunion’s release and the festival of Sukkot, my first-year blog anniversary nearly slipped by unnoticed. Why it would want to hide, I don’t know, but I’m bringing it out of the shadows now.

I posted my first small note on “Kelsey’s Notebook” on Friday, September 21, 2012. This date is important because it took a lot of nerve for me to begin a blog, nerve I could have sworn was nonexistent. God led me step-by-step. It represented my entry into earnest, for-publication writing. I had been doing my research and realized that I needed a presence on the web if God was going to fashion my dream of being a published author into a living reality. I didn’t want to do it at first, but reason and faith prevailed and here I am, very happy with what’s come about, directly and indirectly, from my blog.

First of all, it urged me to be serious. I followed blogs and got into contact with other young writers/authors which was, and is, of immense encouragement. Being resolved to write more widely seemed to prepare me to enroll in The Christian Writer’s Guild apprentice program in December 2012, one of the most edifying things I’ve ever done.

It’s been a comfort, as in: I need to write … for real. Let sweet, creative juices flow without any guidelines or expectations …. And it’s been a terror – It’s 9 pm on a Tuesday and I still don’t have my blog post written! Ahhh! 

It’s been one of the most enjoyable ways for me to interact with online friends. Many thanks to those who read and/or comment! You make it worthwhile.

And now it’s overseen the publication of Family Reunion, which was my first goal! May God grant that, in one form or another, it oversee the publication of many more.

Here’s to another year of blogging!

What do you like about blogging or reading blogs?

                                                                embarking on a dream



No comments:

Post a Comment