How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday Weekend Sale



Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you were blessed by being able to celebrate according to the true meaning of the day.

“O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.” Psalm 136:1

Today we’re talking about books. One of the things I’m thankful for is great books…for this post, I picked five 2015 reads that I’m thankful for. (Around the last post of the year I’ll have a top fifteen most impacting books list! This is something different.)

1. The Secret Gift by Ted Gupp. This book was an answer to an unspoken prayer. It relates a real-life Great Depression story that takes place in Canton, Ohio, the setting of my Great Depression novel. It was an invaluable resource. I found it by “accident” when I was researching 1930s Canton.

2. The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge. This was my first introduction to an incredible author who God uses to refresh my spirit.

3. The Dean’s Watch by Elizabeth Goudge. My second Goudge novel. Same reason as above!

4. Amazing Grace by Faith Blum. I had the privilege of proofreading this touching and entertaining book.

5. A Commentary on the Jewish Roots of Romans by Joseph Shulam. This was enjoyably elucidating to my study of the Bible.

I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for: books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on November 27–30. There’s literally something for everyone.

Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.

Don’t know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!



What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?

A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.

Acknowledgments: Thanks to Leah E. Good  for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills   for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at  hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu  for more information about her design services.



No comments:

Post a Comment