How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sales, a Link, and Birthdays

Whew. It seems like I have a lot to spread on the table in this post … sort of like a Thanksgiving dinner. And, like said dinner, I’m having trouble deciding where to start ….



How about business, first? I will be participating in two online book sales this weekend: One spans Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and includes a bunch of Indie authors. The print version of my book will be on sale on Friday; check here on Friday to see who else is participating and maybe find something really nice! The other is a smaller, exclusively Cyber Monday sale in which some of the Word Painters will be marking their eBooks down to $2.99 each. So stop by on Monday for more info!



Speaking of Word Painters, you may be interested in a post I wrote there recently: Encouraging Verses for the Writer.



And now for the birthdays. The birthdays, to be precise, of some of my favorite authors. It turns out the end of November is chock full of them! Each of these authors has written at least one book that is on my list of absolute favorites:



George EliotNov 22, 1819­Dec 22, 1880. Her 1876 novel Daniel Deronda, about a young man seeking his identity and befriending some remarkable European Jews, is high on my list.



John BunyanNov 28, 1628Aug 31, 1688. Author of The Pilgrim’s Progress (1678). What more can I say?



Louisa May AlcottNov 29, 1832Mar 6, 1888. I enjoy all her novels, but high up on my list are Little Women (1868) and An Old-Fashioned Girl (1869).



C. S. LewisNov 29, 1898Nov 22, 1963. The Chronicles of Narnia have been a part of my life since I was I don’t know how young!



Mark TwainNov 30, 1835Apr 21, 1910. Twain’s skill with words always leaves me in awe. My favorites by him are Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc (1896), quite high on my list, and The Innocents Abroad (1869), a hilarious travel memoir.



L. M. MontgomeryNov 30, 1874Apr 24, 1942. Montgomery is my favorite of these November authors. I love every page her lyrical words are printed on, but the ones I love best belong to her Anne of Green Gables novels, 16.



Which of these authors are your favorite(s)?



To wrap up this post, I want to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. I’m thankful for these birthday-authors, I’m thankful for each of you who read my blog, and I’m thankful to God for everything … everything. I don’t want to sound trite, but He has blessed me so much, and I can see that even the bad things always, somehow, work out for good, especially when they are just to make me depend more on my Lord.



Have a blessed and meaningful holiday! 

File:Monet - Herbst in Argentueil.jpg
Monet, wikimedia commons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment