How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

The Festival of Lights

During winter, the darkest time of the year, we naturally think of lights that can illumine our paths and thaw us from the cold. Hanukkah, the eight-day long Jewish holiday in this season, is called “The Festival of Lights” and in fact is going on right now. Since Jesus/Yeshua is the Light of the World, in honor of Him and this festival I am posting some of my favorite Bible verses about light.

Thank you, Unsplash!
Thank you, Unsplash!


2Ch 21:7  Howbeit the LORD would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.

Psa 27:1  The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?



Isa 42:6  I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; 



Thank you, Unsplash!

Mat 5:14  Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 




Joh 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 



Thank you, Unsplash!
 
Rev 22:5  And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

What is your favorite Bible verse about light?

No comments:

Post a Comment