How precious are Your thoughts to me, O LORD ... how vast is the sum of them!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Purpose

I thought this picture and its quote went quite well with my previous blog post; I almost used it then but the other one's mysteriousness was just so expressive!
 
 
                                                                                  Pinterest
I think this quote speaks powerfully for itself. But I'd like to write one thing that it specifically says to me.
I'm a person who likes to stay safe in a harbor ... I'm not a risk-taker or an adventurer. I like everything, "down to the weather," to be charted out beforehand. But the best things that have happened to me in life have come about because I took a step of faith toward something I was uncomfortable with, but obviously made for, on some path whose end was dark, but where I was supposed to go. The Lord wants His people to serve Him in any way He designates, and like Yeshua (Jesus) says, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life shall lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake shall find it." (Matthew 16:24-25) Yeshua certainly sailed into tumultuous seas; why should we do any less when it comes to our callings?
What do you think of this quote? Do you find any special application to your life?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I'm going to post the first comment on my own blog. : )
    I wanted to also add how this quote - which I'm currently obsessed with - applies to my writing life. It's oh so fun and comforting to write for yourself, when you or maybe your nearest loved ones are the only readers. But to write for others - now that can be positively frightening. But God made us to share our lives and abilities with others out there in the sea. We may not know exactly where we're going, but we can be rest assured He has it all charted out! So right now I'm just going to do my best with this blog, with my novels, and He'll take it from there.

    ReplyDelete